General RTM Modular Building Information.
RTM -ready to move (1-pc) & Modular Construction (2 or more pcs)
RTM and Modular Building Systems is a method of construction, not a building type. It greatly differs from temporary buildings, such as construction trailers or mobile homes.“These are custom-designed residential & commercial buildings just like their site-built counterparts. Using RTM and modular does not change the design, structural system, or finish materials options available to the owner and architect. The only difference is in the method of ”construction.” The primary benefits of RTM modular construction include: • Streamlined construction process (in many cases occupancy occurs 50% faster than with conventional construction) • Resource efficient – less materials wasted, less material exposure to inclement weather and less waste in landfills. • Reduced environmental impact – less site damage, less site disturbance and a safer construction site. While RTM and modules are assembled at the factory, site work can begin at the same time, such as laying the foundation or prepping utility connections. This greatly decreases the time needed for total construction. RTM and modular buildings are often completed 30-50% faster than conventional structures. Once the RTM or modulars are ready, they are transported to the site and fastened together. The final construction stage includes completing exterior systems such as cladding and roofing components and internal spaces like lobbies, stairwells, and elevator shafts. The beauty of the finished building is that occupants will not be able to tell how the structure was built. We deliver to Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia ( BC ).
Please also visit our Custom Cabins, Cottages and Homes Blog.
- 60% reduction in build time
- Exceeds Energy Code by 33% on average
- Scalable design to meet future enrollment growth
- Superior acoustic environment
- Enhance and protect biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Improve Air and Water Quality.
- Reduce Solid Waste.
- Conserve natural resources.
- Reduce operating costs.
- Enhance asset value and profitability.
- Improve employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Optimize lifecycle facility performance.
- Improve indoor environmental, thermal, and acoustic performance.
- Enhance occupant health and reduce sick days.
- Minimize strain on local energy infrastructure.
- Contribute to overall quality of life.
Serving Multiple Markets
The Core BenefitsFrom factory precision to faster installation, modular construction offers an attractive range of advantages:
As with traditional buildings, RTM and modular construction easily incorporates sustainability. Specify the use of recycled materials, LED lighting, high-efficiency mechanical systems, and sustainably harvested wood and low-flow fixtures just as you normally would. While the process itself affords more opportunities for sustainability, other green benefits include: